Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Orana Park

 Hey Guys, Gals and Non-Binary pals!


So yesterday we went to Orana Park! The year 7-8’s went, so that’s Room 5-6.  

We originally went there to learn more about Biodiversity and other cool facts about animals. 


Room 5 and 6 had to be split into two, So that we wouldn’t be all bunched up around an enclosure. Me being in Room six, I had to go to the room six group.

We had a lovely instructor/teacher called Bethany, she told us many facts about the different animals around the Zoo.


We only got to feed one animal, and it was the giraffes. I didn’t feed them, because I didn’t want to. People kept on making jokes about how they were my ‘relatives’. I’m not even the tallest in my class. I didn’t mind it.


There were a lot of cool animals, and I got to see a kiwi! His name was Sonic, and he was the only kiwi in the enclosure. Must be lucky having a lot of room. But kiwi’s have it a lot more difficult. There were new ‘pests’ that got introduced into New Zealand that made kiwis' lives a bit harder. 


Turns out there’s a lot of animals that are endangered. It’s because of how much stuff we’re taking away from them. Like palm oil, to get palm oil we have to cut down trees. And if we take all of the trees from that area, how are the animals gonna survive?


To Sum it all up. We learnt a lot about different things, such as how to Help animals, How they help us, What they do for the environment, and How we are harming their environment.


LINK(S): no links :/



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Reflection:
This was quite fun, and tiring we had to walk all day around the Zoo. But it was so much fun!

Question(s): What is your favorite animal?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Angel,

    Great blog post! I love that you included information about what us humans are doing to destroy habitats, e.g. cutting down trees to get palm oil. My favourite animal was the Tasmanian Devil. What was yours?

    Keep up the great blogging!
    Ms Wilton

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.